Our Parish

 

Our school has very close links with the parish and St Wilfrid’s Church is situated just in front of the school, alongside the priest’s house at 44 Derby Road, Longridge, PR3 3JT.

Father Tony is a weekly visitor to school, visiting each class to talk about the Gospel messages, carry out class masses and to speak to the staff and children.

The parish of St. Wilfrid’s was founded in 1867. Records indicate a School-Chapel in 1869 and the first School in 1871. In 1886 a new Church was built. A new porch and entrance, organ loft and steeple were added in 1908. In 1999 a new Parish Room, attached to the church, was built.

IN 2019 WE CELEBRATED THE MILESTONE OF 150 YEARS OF OUR SCHOOL AND PARISH!

Parish details are as follows –
Parish Priest: Father Tony Dutton

Telephone: (01772) 782641

E-mail: stwilfridslong@tiscali.co.uk
Website: http://stwilfridsparish.org.uk/
Sunday Masses:
Saturday Vigil 5.30pm.
Further details in diocesan almanac, or on request.

Recent News

Weekly Information Sheet 16.07.21

Click here to view newsletter

 

Weekly Information Sheet 09.07.21

Click here to view newsletter

 

Weekly Information Sheet 02.07.21

Click here to view newsletter

 

Weekly Information Sheet 25.06.21

Click here to view newsletter

 

Weekly Information Sheet 18.06.21

Click here to view newsletter

 
 

Categories